Our client has an immediate opening for a highly motivated Data Scientist in support of a Federal Law Enforcement client. The successful candidate will assist staff with analyses and evaluation and with the preparation for recommendations for improvements, optimization, development, and/or maintenance efforts in specialized areas. The Data Scientist will use highly specialized knowledge to provide expert scholarly advice of projects and tasks using analytic methodologies and principles, technical or operational disciplines and/or systems and processes. Such expert advice and consultation will contribute to decisions, conclusions, recommendations, and strategies while maintaining program confidentiality. (S)he will provide expert consultation in the areas of data analysis, collection, reliability and validation in order to determine and project impact, cost analysis, and strategic planning. The ideal candidate has experience with patterns and relationships in large volumes of data. The candidate will have access to unique data sets that can be analyzed in one computational environment, so the ideal candidate is technically insightful, creative, takes initiative, and has a curious mind.
The Data Scientist role is a direct hire opportunity with one of our clients in the Washington, DC area. Compensation is competitive. Local candidates strongly preferred. No sponsorship or C2C arrangements available
Job Responsibilities of the Data Scientist:
- Identify and provide guidance in developing analyses and evaluations consistent with regulatory policy, internal policies, and state of the art tools and techniques.
- Actively participate in the analyses of existing Agency databases for the purpose of documenting recommendations, analyses and results.
- Leverage analytics to present information in a way that drives Executive-level fact based decision making.
- Generate, validate, and maintain analytical reports from a variety of sources.
- Analyze operational data to identify trends, issues, and opportunities to improve.
- Prepare and update materials on matters such as cash flow, registrant trending, budget, congressional actions, staffing, etc.
- Work independently to review and prepare documents addressing unconventional issues and/or problems affecting the program; work to identify trends and areas for improvements in procedures.
- Conduct research on a wide range of topics, including analyses, drug threats, evaluations, staffing models, and strategic planning.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets, tracking databases, reports, and presentations; generate and document information for statistical purposes; utilize database systems and word processing software; compile files on initiatives for personnel as requested.
- Participate in discussions, meetings, conferences, and conference calls with agency administrative personnel, business analysts, technical personnel, and other federal agency officials.
Job Qualifications of the Data Scientist:
- Master’s Degree or higher in a scientific, technical, or business discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
- Secret Security Clearance REQUIRED
- Experience with reporting, data management, or data analytics to provide standard and ad-hoc reporting.
- Experience working with data rich problems through research or programs.
- Ability to successfully complete projects with large or incomplete data sets and provide solutions.
- Advanced knowledge of connecting to multiple data sources.
- Able to work as part of a team or independently with minimal direction.
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Strong oral and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in manipulating data in Excel is preferred.
- Experience performing extensive research utilizing multiple data sources systems preferred.
- Ability to multi-task; detail-oriented; and observant and anticipate operational needs.
- Excellent problem solver and able to handle difficult situations.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a variety of situations.
- Must be able to maintain a Secret level clearance and must be drug-free.
Contact Judy Protz at firstname.lastname@example.org or (919)981-6200 x315 with questions regarding this posting. A Word resume is preferred when applying.
When looking for a job, have you ever heard the phrase… it is not about what you know, it is who you know?
At HireNetworks, it really is all about who we know.
Whether your current contract is coming to a close, you’re looking to advance your career or are a company on the hunt for new talent and wanting to expand…let HireNetworks put our networks to work for you.
HireNetworks is an equal opportunity employer.